Crash Course Into Prometheus Free Download
- Download, Install and Run Prometheus
- Check Prometheus Configuration Files and Restart the Service
- The In’s and Out’s of PromQL
- Operators in PromQL
- Grafana Installation and Integration with Prometheus
- Setup and run a basic NodeExporter Service
- Setup and Run AlertsManager
- Send Alerts to Slack
- An Internet connection
- A working Computer with either Windows/MacOS or Linux
- A desire to learn and Crush It!
- Elementary knowledge of Unix/Linux can help you, but not needed
- Elementary knowledge of SQL can help you, but not needed
Always have a hard time finding your error in the logs? Having a hard time configuring alerts and Kubernetes deployments with your outdated monitoring system? Well time to switch to Prometheus!
Whether you are a Software Architect looking for a way to switch over you’re conventional logging mechanism to the next generation of tools or a developer looking for a one stop shop to manage your entire data/monitoring storage and computation framework, Prometheus is the solution for you.
You will get a quick grasp on Prometheus. Originally built by SoundCloud, it is one of the best data monitoring tools out there, with the ability to design and develop queries using it’s own query language called PromQL. You also great great visualization using tools like Grafana.
Everything is well documented and separated, so you can find what you need. Assignments and Quizzes will make sure you stay on track and test your knowledge. The course will have a combination of theory and practical examples.
Sign In and Signup for Prometheus. Get Familiar with the User Interface, so it doesn’t look like a strange land to you as we continue on our journey. Setup Prometheus on your local machine, whether it’s on a Mac/Windows or Linux.
Tips and Tricks/Concepts
Check your prometheus config files and restart your service from the command line/Terminal. Then move on to learn some essential Prometheus Specific Concepts.
Prometheus has it’s own query language and this is it! Learn all about it, with vectors, scalars, strings etc. Spend some time using operators.
Time to visualize our data. Push metrics data from Prometheus to Grafana and create some dashboards!
Use the prometheus node exporter to send data coming from your machine to prometheus. Query against it. Then send alerts to email/slack/pager duty when things go wrong.
Monitor your Kubernetes cluster with Prometheus.
- Students trying to get a quick grasp of Prometheus
- Developers looking to monitor their apps/machines/servers with Prometheus
- Developers and Software Architects who have used another tool to monitor their apps and are now looking to move over to Prometheus
- Devs looking to store monitoring logs on time series database like Prometheus
- Those who liked the movie Prometheus 🙂
DownloadCrash Course Into Prometheus Free Download Free