Design engineering – Sheetmetal Free Tutorial Download
What you’ll learn
How to design effectively with sheet metal
Guidelines to be followed when designing for sheet metal
Understand the principles at play behind the factors considered in design
How Material properties affect the Part quality and design considerations
Designing simple sheet metal brackets using Fusion 360
Basic knowledge of Sheet metal processes
Fundamental knowledge of Material properties
Basic knowledge of physical Product design
Added 4 Design projects – Mechanical Design of simple sheet metal brackets using Auto desk Fusion 360 for specific problem statements. Learn practical sheet metal design with a strong theoretical understanding of underlying Design principles.
This course covers the essential basic theoretical and practical knowledge required for Designing Sheet metal parts.
- The common processes
- Materials and the properties which matter for design
- Comparison between hardness, toughness and strength
- What happens to the Material when it is formed or Bent?
- The Theory behind Forming and Bending
- Form-ability and Bend-ability of metal sheets and what factors affect them
- Forming limit diagrams and how they are created
- Bending Parameters in design
- K factor, Neutral axis, Bend allowance
- The concept of Spring-back and ways to reduce it
- Deep drawing process
- Joining processes and their comparison
- Design Guidelines to create cost- effective designs which are suitable for manufacturing.
- Design projects
So if you are a student exploring the world of product design or a design engineer who wants to make products with sheet metal then this courses will be a good value addition.
Who this course is for:
- Mechanical engineering students learning product design and manufacturing processes
- Designers who want to understand the sheet metal process to start making designs
- Working engineers who want to expand their knowledge base in Sheet metal design
Download Design engineering – Sheetmetal Free