Design Patterns for Game Programming
An exploration of robust modularised code building for games with Unity 2019 and C#. Free Download
- How to create robust, reusable modularised code for use in games programming.
- How to implement repeatable solutions to address common game programming problems.
- Be able to program in C#.
- Have used the Unity Game Engine at a Basic Level.
Want to create code that is robust, optimized and reusable? Then you need to learn about programmming design patterns.
Game Programming Design Patterns are templates for building modularised code that are generally a repeatable solution to a commonly occurring mechanic applied in computer games. They are general solutions that aren’t tied to a particular problem, making them reusable. One such pattern is object pooling. Whether a game needs an onslaught of constantly spawning zombies or bullets fired from a gun or asteroids to pummel the player’s spaceship, an object pool is a group of classes that can be reused, exactly as they are, across not only these scenarios but a plethora of others whenever game objects need a spawn manager.
In this course, Penny will take you through the top 12 game programming design patterns with C# and the Unity Game Engine using her internationally acclaimed Holistic teaching style and expertise from over 25 years teaching, researching and writing about games. Throughout the course you will follow along with hands-on workshops designed to teach you these core programming concepts that will take your games to the next level.
Learn how to program and work with patterns such as:
- object pools
- game loops
- …and more.
Contents and Overview
The course begins with a brief introduction and then you are straight into hands-on exercises, working through each of the design patterns as listed above. There are a variety of scenarios you will work on in both 2D and 3D from an asteroid shooter, to a radar object finding system to a programmable prototype prefab system. All starter files and Unity assets (including models and scenes) are provided for you. All you need to bring is a copy of Unity 2019.
If you want to become a knowledgeable and skilled game developer, then this course is for you.
What students are saying about Penny’s courses:
- Excellent course!! I am already in game development industry and there is one quote here from the course that says it all “Whenever you are not able to solve complex problem, its the right time to get back to the BASICS”.
- She is the best teacher ever in this platform
- I do like Penny de Byl’s courses and way of teaching, they are much more specific than your average “master Unity” kind of courses and usually you don’t learn just the engine, but also how things work behind the scenes (albeit briefly, at least it gives you an idea if you want to investigate more on your own). She’s really amazing!
- Game programmers who want to better their understanding of programming constructs to improve their code.
- Beginners learning game coding who want to get off on the right foot.
DownloadDesign Patterns for Game Programming Free Download Free