Electrical Overview on Main & Auxiliary Generating Sets Free Tutorial Download
A ship cannot remain “Live” without a Generator – the lifeline and power production plant of the vessel. A generator on ship is a combination of two separate systems – an alternator and a prime mover whose capacity depends upon the number of machinery or power consuming items fitted on the ship.
An alternator is an electrical generator that converts mechanical energy to electrical energy in the form of alternating current.
In principle, any AC electrical generator can be called an alternator, but usually the term refers to small rotating machines driven by automotive and other internal combustion engines.
This course starts off covering the following:
- Construction of the alternator.
- Electrical installation including alarm & safety system.
- Electric accessories.
- Spare Parts.
- Different important points.
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Major Students.
- Junior Electrical Engineers.
- Electrical Engineers in Dredgers & Vessels.
Download Electrical Overview on Main & Auxiliary Generating Sets Free