Electrical Schematics (Industrial Controls) Free Tutorial Download
What you’ll learn
How to read, understand & design schematics
Concept of power and control circuits
Designing a circuit from scratch : Starter Circuits
Local Remote & Auto Manual Operation
Basics of electrical interlocking
Learn certain key switchgears
Cross-referencing and Designations in Schematics
Concept of NO & NC contacts
Contactor’s Contact Numbering
Should have a basic degree or knowledge in Electrical Engineering – B tech, B.E., Diploma or any similar relevant educational background
Electrical Schematics (Industrial Controls) is a basic course to start learning schematics or electrical drawing (power and control circuits). We have covered various concepts that are required to design schematics. We start with very basics and eventually build on it.
Some of the topics that you will come across are:
1) Basic details on schematics – What is schematic ? Where is it used ? Why is it needed?
2) Reading & Understanding Schematic – Title block, Disclaimer, Template, Designations, Cross-referencing, Legends etc.
3) Symbols & Switchgears – Electrical Symbols along with definition & images. Key technical details about switchgear like circuit breakers, Contactors Isolators, Meters , Indicators & Protection devices
a) Learn Off load & On Load devices
b) Difference between isolators & circuit breakers
c) NO & NC contacts
d) Power & Auxiliary Contactor – contact numbering etc.
e) Instrument Transformers
4) Designing circuit – in a step by step method – Control of motors, indication circuits, Local remote and auto manual operations & metering circuits: Starter Circuit
5) Basics of electrical interlocking
6) Basics of Metering Circuits
7) Application in Switchboards and practice questions.
Who this course is for:
- Final year engineering – B tech, B.E., Diploma.
- Electrical Engineers who want to work as electrical designers
- Anyone planning to work in LV/ MV Switchboard Manufacturing Companies
- Students who want to pursue a career in electrical automation
- Students who want to work in electrical contractors and consultants companies.
- Anyone who wants to understand electrical control concept / designing of systems/ complicated controls/ various industrial and commercial domestic application.