Put that pen and paper down. Let’s build Taskly, a handy to-do iOS application.
We’ve been given some design mocks from our designer for what they want Taskly to look like, and it’s our job to make it happen (no ifs, ands, or buts). It’s our job to go above and beyond to exceed the expectations of our designers while writing safe and clean Swift code.
Taskly will be built from scratch and all the assets will be provided to you. We’ll make use of a UITableViewController to display our tasks, and apply MVC and Dependency Injection to ensure separation of concerns. What’s a to-do list without a way to save it? Storing the tasks will be possible because of UserDefaults and archiving. Taskly will be built from the ground up and even intermediate programmers will be able to pick up useful concepts and information from this course.
There’s a lot of questions that will be addressed, such as, what design patterns should we use? Once we’re satisfied with how the app looks, we’ll get to compare it with the original design mocks to see if our work meets expectations. All in all, Taskly will quickly fill any gaps in knowledge you have about building iOS application and set a foundation up for your to build your own apps.
What are the requirements?
- Xcode 9.2 or greater
- Have a basic understanding of how to program in Swift
What are you going to accomplish in this course?
- Building an entire application from the ground up that you can use immediately
- The idea of thinking more from a design perspective to ensure that we’re writing good code
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to apply their knowledge of Swift into developing a useful iOS application
- This course was designed for the beginner to intermediate Swift programmer
Download Free Tutorial iOS 12 & Swift 4: Build a To-Do List App