KiCAD PCB Design For Embedded Systems & Electronics Projects Free Tutorial Download
What you’ll learn
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design With KiCAD
PCB Design Workflow (Methodology)
Documentation For HW Requirements & TLD
From Idea or Requirement To Actual PCB Product
BOM Selection Process
Schematic Design & Capture
Assigning Footprints To Symbol Parts
PCB Layout Editing & Routing
Gerber Output Files Generation For Fabrication
Generating SMT Files For Automated PCB Assembly
Project-Based Course (Flasher LED Board, Create Your Own Embedded Dev. Board, and a USB-Powered Device)
Basic Circuits & Electronics Knowledge
PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux)& Internet Connection
Patience And Willing To Be a PCB Designer
This course will help you to know the basics of KiCAD and how to use it as a tool for PCB design projects. And it’ll also teach you how to formulate a project/product idea and document it in such a way that it becomes easier for you to plan and design each part of the complete system.
And ultimately, help you develop a systematic way to approach PCB hardware design projects. Both as a hobbyist or as an engineering student. This course is Project-Based. You’ll learn KiCAD by doing practical project examples through this course.
Design 3 PCB Boards and Learn The Essentials of KiCAD
- Simple LED Flasher Board
- PIC18F-Based Development Board
- STM32-Based USB-Powered LED Controller Board
Course’s Contents and Overview
The course starts with an introduction to printed circuit boards (PCB) technology. And then shifts the attention to PCB design CAD software tools and mainly focusing on KiCAD which is the main topic of this course. Then, you’ll get introduced to KiCAD tools for schematic capture and PCB layout editing through a very basic example board.
Afterward, I’ll teach you a very intuitive PCB design methodology to get any project done just in 10 actionable steps. And we’ll be sticking to this methodology for all the project examples we’ll be doing thereafter.
Then, the last 3 sections will be dedicated to the 3 projects for this course. And in each one of them, we’ll be doing:
- HW Req. Statement
- Schematic Design
- Schematic Capture
- ERC Check
- Footprints Assignment
- PCB Layout & Routing
- DRC Check
- Generating Fab.-Ready Output Files (Gerber)
- Generating BOM File
- Generating POS For SMT services
You’ll learn when and how to do each step in detail through this course and three times in 3 different projects. Just to make sure you’ve got a very good understanding and vision for the PCB design workflow.
Enjoy The Course!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners, Makers, and Electronics Hobbyists: If you build your own electronic circuits on breadboard and would like to transfer it to a real hardware PCB or a product that you can actually test and deliver, this course can help you take an idea in your mind and turn it into a real product PCB.
- College / University Students: if you’re an engineering student and would like to learn PCB design to make your project look much more professional and to add a skill to your CV, this course can help you in this. You’ll learn KiCAD and create your own projects and get to know PCB design methodology and how you can systematically approach PCB design projects and document your progress on the go.
- Embedded Systems Enthusiasts: whether you’re a junior, freelancer, or experienced engineer, you can still find this course helpful. It’ll help you learn KiCAD tools and PCB design workflow. This can help you create complete projects for your clients both firmware and hardware design. And also make the transition from any CAD software to KiCAD which an amazing opensource tool.
Download KiCAD PCB Design For Embedded Systems & Electronics Projects Free