Download Tutorial Learn and Understand NodeJS (2016)
You will learn how the asynchronous code works in Node and the Node event loop, as well as how to use the event emitter, streams, buffers, pipes, and work with files. We’ll see how that leads to building a web server in the Node.
We’ll dive into Web sites, web apps and APIs with Express and learn how Express can save us time as Node developers.
You will also gain an understanding of npm, connecting to databases, and the MEAN stack!
NodeJS does not have to be hard to learn. The biggest mistake most coding tutorials make is expecting someone to learn by simply imitating others’ code. Real world situations are never exactly like the tutorial.
I believe the best way to learn is to understand how a tool works and what it does for you, look at examples and then try it yourself. That’s how this course is built, with the goal to help you both learn and understand NodeJS.
Note: In this course you will also get downloadable source code. You will often be provided with a ‘starter’ code, giving you the base for you to start writing your code and ‘finished’ code to compare your code with.
– Section 1: Introduction and Setup
– Section 3: The Node Core
– Section 4: Modules, Exports, and Require
– Section 5: Events and the Event Emitter
– Section 6: Asynchronous Code , Layer, The Event Loop, Streams, Files, and more …
– Section 7: HTTP and Being a Web Server
– Section 8: NPM: The Node Package Manager
– Section 9: Express
– Section 11: The MEAN stack
– Section 12: Let’s Build an App! (in record time)