RealPython – How to Use Python Lambda Functions Free Tutorial Download
Python and other languages like Java, C#, and even C++ have had lambda functions added to their syntax, whereas languages like LISP or the ML family of languages, Haskell, OCaml, and F#, use lambdas as a core concept.
Python lambdas are little, anonymous functions, subject to a more restrictive but more concise syntax than regular Python functions.
By the end of this article, you’ll know:
- How Python lambdas came to be
- How lambdas compare with regular function objects
- How to write lambda functions
- Which functions in the Python standard library leverage lambdas
- When to use or avoid Python lambda functions
Download RealPython – How to Use Python Lambda Functions Free