The DevOPS Essentials Free Tutorial Download
This certification course, designed by Pink Elephant, provides a new and unique perspective of DevOps through the ‘Full Stack’ of culture, practices and automation.
This is the most comprehensive, content-rich DevOps certification course in the industry! And, it includes a DevOps assessment.
What is the ‘Full Stack’ approach?
As a major game changer in IT, the DevOps revolution has brought about new practices in the Application Development and Systems Operations areas that can help your organization deliver IT services better, faster and cheaper. This course identifies the three critical success factors that make up the ‘Full Stack’ approach, including:
- Changing culture
- Improving practices and processes
- Leveraging automation technologies
When you return to work, you will know about 15 very specific practices that are essential to delivering effective DevOps. And, you will have the results of your assessment that will be the starting point of your action plan for continuous improvement.
Upon successful completion of DevOps Essentials, you will be able to articulate the benefits of implementing the Full Stack of DevOps culture, practices and automation at your organization to enable improved quality, higher speed and a reduction in costs, by meeting a progressive set of expected outcomes.
- Describe what DevOps is, and what it isn’t
- Explain the approach of thinking about the critical success factors of DevOps as a ‘Full Stack’ of culture, practices and automation to determine what it means for your organization
- Explain the need for DevOps as a solution to problems facing organizations today
- Summarize how the need for more value from IT drives the business towards DevOps
- Summarize the cultural, structural and technological barriers that IT faces when attempting to deliver services at the right quality, speed and cost and why challenges are faced when implementing DevOps in today’s organizations
- Explain the basic concept, principles and scope of DevOps, including ‘The Three Ways’ and accelerators such as Lean and Agile that supported the evolution and emergence of the movement
- Summarize the key cultural values, Service Management, Project Management and Software Development processes and technologies that enable DevOps
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms culture and better organizes people to solve the cultural and structural challenges facing IT
- Explain the way that DevOps structures teams and people within an organization in support of its culture, processes and technologies
- Describe how DevOps practices transform processes, utilizing Lean, Agile and ITSM accelerators to solve the process design problems facing IT
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms and organizes technology through automation and new tools to solve the technological problems facing IT
- Learn 15 very specific practices related to culture, processes and automation that are must-haves for effective delivery of DevOps
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This essentials level course is designed for anyone in IT Service Management, Operations or Software Development seeking to understand how a DevOps approach will help your organization deliver more business value.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
EXAM & CERTIFICATION
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the DevOps Essentials certificate, granted by Professional Designations:
- Exam is 1 hour; multiple-choice; closed book
- You will receive an exam voucher for the web-based exam, to be scheduled after the course
- 18 PDUs are awarded
All attendees are given access to Pink Elephant’s learning portal, which contains numerous value-added documents, e-files and enriching learning materials.
MULTIPLE OPTIONS FOR HOW YOU CAN ATTEND THIS COURSE
- Learn at your own pace from your computer, anywhere at anytime. Get the FULL course in e-learning format for three months.
- On specific dates throughout the year; hosted live online with our expert instructor.
- Live Classroom: On dates convenient to you; exclusively for your team at your location with our expert instructor.
- Web-Based: On dates convenient to you; exclusively for your team, hosted live online with our expert instructor.
If you would like more information on any of these options, please call us at 1-888-273-PINK, email us at [email protected], or ask your questions via our convenient Chat window at the bottom right corner of this page.
Download The DevOPS Essentials Free