Download Tutorial The Ultimate Guide to 2D Mobile Game Development with Unity
Do you want to create the next big Android mobile game, but aren’t sure where to start? Are you curious about ad integration with mobile games? If so, look no further! The Ultimate Guide to 2D Mobile Game Development with Unity teaches you how to create profitable and engaging mobile apps. You’ll create a dungeon escape adventure game using 2D animations, while fine-tuning your C# programming skills with intermediate concepts like class inheritance, abstract classes, and interfaces! You’ll utilize the Singleton design manager to create powerful manager classes that help delegate actions in your game. You will learn how to monetize your game by integrating Unity Ads, and you’ll set up a system to reward the player for choosing to watch an ad! Finally, you will learn how to publish your app to the Google Play Store! By the end of this course, you will have experience with the complete mobile and software development life cycle, from game development, to testing, and publishing! You will have a fully finished, downloadable game to show off to your friends and family, or to add to your portfolio if you are pursuing mobile development professionally!
In this course, you will:
- Create a 2D Dungeon Adventure Game
- Explore the new 2D TileMap Features
- Implement Unity Ads
- Synthesize Animation State Behaviors
- Develop 2D Animation Hitboxes
- Publish to the Google Play Store
- And more!
This course explores the 2D features of Unity through creation of a dungeon escape game with Unity ad implementation to generate revenue, and by publishing the game to the Google Play Store. The course begins with an introduction to TileMap, which gives developers the ability to paint different worlds! Students will then begin setting up the player for combat and developing attack systems found within popular hack & slash type games. Students will also develop a shop system that grants players the ability to purchase items. If the player can’t afford an item, they can choose to watch a Unity Ad in exchange for 100 gems! This way, players are rewarded for watching ads, helping make the game profitable. Throughout this course, students will explore intermediate to advanced topics in C#, including class inheritance, polymorphism, abstract classes, and interfaces, which help build modular systems within games and applications. This course has over 50 challenge activities, where students will create their own unique code base and improve problem solving skills.
- The ideal student for this course is someone who is interested in creating mobile Android games in Unity that implement Unity Ads and who want to publish games to the Google Play Store
- This course is designed for students who are interested in developing games professionally or as a hobby
- Students interested in 2D mobile games
- Students with a fundamental understanding of C# programming and the Unity environment, as this course will dive into more intermediate and advanced programming topics