Total Immersion Swimming – Swim Better, Easier, Faster! Free Tutorial Download
What you’ll learn
Swim freestyle with the world’s most efficient technique—in fact, the same skills that have propelled Katie Ledecky to 20 medals (19 golds and one silver) in major competitions, and 13 World Records in freestyle, between her international debut at the 2012 London Olympics and the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
Feel more comfortable and confident in the water.
Swim a mile or more at a strong, steady pace—and feel energized, not exhausted, afterward.
Understand how to be an Expert Learner—and apply the learning lessons from this course to anything!
Ability to swim 25 meters
Motivation to learn and improve
The Ultra-Efficient Freestyle Complete Self-Coaching Course will teach you to swim a dramatically more efficient freestyle—and transform you into your own most effective swim instructor and coach.
You will learn . . . the proven advantages of:
- Saving energy over trying to build endurance.
- Letting conditioning ‘happen’ while you improve the skills that matter.
- Achieving comfort, body control, and weightlessness before any other skill
- Making your body ‘slippery’ (reducing drag) over increasing power.
- Learning technique holistically—so all body parts work in seamless harmony.
- Swimming a short distance with effortless ease and crisp form before swimming farther.
- The most effective and fastest-acting skill drills.
- Practicing over working out.
Your self-coaching tools include
- A 140-page, richly-illustrated ebook that explains—in simple language–the biomechanics and fluid dynamics affect your (land-adapted) body as it moves through water, and the freestyle techniques that minimize common problems and take advantage of natural forces like body mass, gravity, and buoyancy.
- Fifteen high definition videos. Fourteen illustrate essential mini-skills and how to learn them. The fifteenth is a detailed study of the whole stroke. All videos show every important angle, above and below water, in full and slow motion.
- A Companion Workbook. This provides detailed guidance—what and how to do, what to avoid doing, how long and how many repetitions, key focal points—for each of the mini-skills and the whole stroke.
- An Image Gallery of all key positions and timing to print out and take to the pool for reference, or study poolside on your phone or tablet.
You can complete this course in . . . 15 to 30 hours of practice, distributed over two or more months.
The course is structured as . . . Four major learning modules, each teaching an essential efficiency skill. Each module consists of up to four steps or mini-skills—some of which can be learned in 15 to 30 minutes. Do a brief segment of drill or mini-skill work, then a segment of whole-stroke to integrate and consolidate that skill.
Why take this course? You will not only become a strikingly more comfortable, confident, and skilled swimmer. You will also become a passionately-curious student of swimming.
Who this course is for:
- Improvement-minded swimmers: Improve continuously and learn for life.
- Novice to experienced Triathletes or multi-sporters: Swim comfortably, confidently and faster than ever—with more energy for the bike and run.
- Distance, open water, and fitness swimmers who have plateaued or felt uninspired: Boost your improvement and enjoy swimming more than ever.
- Runners seeking a low-impact fitness option. Learn and improve while recovering for your next run.
- Total Immersion enthusiasts: Receive guidance from TI Founder Terry Laughlin.
- This course is not designed for non-swimming beginners.