Learn to design your own blueprint to advance your career by setting achievable milestones to grow and climb the ladder Free Download
- Understand your responsibilities as a leader
- Establish your identity as a manger
- Clarify performance expectations
- Building rapport with the team
- Break the status bubble
- Becoming an authentic leader buy building trust
- Signal fairness and integrity
- Communicate effectively and proactively
- Manage conflicts and relationships in a productive manner
- Get feedback from the team
- Create and manage productive meetings
- Deciding when to have a meeting and who should be attending
- Assert your authority
- Develop a lieutenant
- Design a succession plan for your promotion
- Experience of working in teams
- Commitment to progressing your carreer
- Working towards being promoted to a Managerial Level
- To get the greatest benefit from the course make sure you maintain notes during the course.
- This is completely optional, but highly recommended.
Becoming a manager and doing well is tough and at times, lonely. But in the right context, atmosphere and the right mindset – working can be an enjoyable experience for both you as well as the team.
Welcome to ‘Management Techniques for New Managers – An In-Depth Guide’. This course was designed from the ground up to be your guide from the first day of your promotion till the time you get promoted to the next level.
Preparing for the managerial roles Just wanting to be a manager is not nearly enough – you need to have managerial aptitude, and you need to be seen to have it
Let us have a look at what you will be learning in the different sections of the course:
- Introduction to Leadership roles: Understand what it means to be a leader and how it is different from being a team member.
- Surviving the first 30 days: Establish yourself as the manager and clarify your performance expectations to your senior managers as well as your team members. Your role requires you to learn new things all the time and we will chart out a strategy to learn on the go and keep abreast with the latest trends in your industry.
- Connecting with the team: We will look at different techniques you can apply to get to know your team and break the ice. It is important that both you and the team are aware of your decision making style and we will look at different ways to communicate that with them.
- Building trust: It is important for your team members to feel that you are fair in your treatment of others. We will discuss different methods of signalling fairness to the team in order serve the purpose of your leadership goals.
- Communicate effectively: Effective communication is critical to success and we will explore the different options that are available for communication and decide how to choose the best method of communication for the purpose at hand.
- Creating productive meetings: Meetings are not always productive if they are not serving the purpose of arriving at decisions that get work done, We will understand the circumstances under which we should have meetings and learn to analyse who should be attending the meetings in order for them to be productive.
- Using authority successfully: Learn to assert your authority as a manager by understanding what is the mindset of the team and decoding the steps of evolution that led to the current mindset.
- Conclusion: In order for you to be promoted, you need to have someone in prepared enough to take over your responsibility. We will discuss the different techniques you can employ to make the transition a smooth one.
Before you commit yourself to becoming a manager, you need to realise that there are many aspects of management which are not so pleasant. You may occasionally have to bite the bullet and take personal responsibility for failures within your department or team. Sometimes it can simply be frustration that things aren’t going to plan and you have to think of an answer.
Of course, you don’t have to be an expert to be a manager, other skills are vital too such as learning from experience and being able to draw upon it. Your aim, therefore, is to becoming knowledgeable and experienced in your field.
This course will arm you with the tools and techniques you need to navigate the corporate landscape, build high performing teams and move your career ahead.
- This is a new manager training for all professions.
- It is not limited to a certain industry or occupation.
- If you have been a manager for more than 2 years and have attended several other courses on management and leadership then this course is probably not for you.
DownloadManagement Techniques for New Managers – An In-Depth Guide Free Download Free