Learn how to write powerful network applications.
Each chapter has an intro video to cover basic theory needed to understand the rest of the material covered.
In the first chapter you will learn the concept of network communication from the very basic fundamental level that needs to be understood by everyone.
Two other chapters are included in this course for those programmer who haven’t worked yet with java threads or java IO. These two are very important topics when you want to build a network application and I want to ensure that all students have the basics before we start to code Client – Server applications.
In the Socket (Java Socket programming) section you will start to write simple TCP servers or TCP clients. Also, you will learn how to create a multi-user or a multithreaded server and we are going to test each written application. We will connect multiple TCP clients to a multithreaded server and we will observe the TCP server behavior and how it makes to respond to multiple clients at the same time.
In this chapter I will cover some other important network programming topics:
- Scan a remote host for open ports
- Get network interface hardware information
- Validate an IP address in different ways
- Ping a remote host address using java code
- Browse internet using java code.
- Web scrapping – get what data you want from a web page
UDP chapter focus on the difference between the most used Transport Layer protocols: TCP and UDP. We will write together a UDP server and a UDP client. The interesting part of this chapter comes after we will run the code. The next chapters present some useful applications:
- Send an email
- Transfer files between a server and a client using TCP sockets
- A small web browser.
The code is explained in details, line by line. All the needed theory is presented in the application intro and we will test each application after the source code is explained.
So let’s start the interesting journey now!
- Understand core concepts of network communication
- Become familiar with basics of networking: internet architecture, IP addresses, TCP connections, ports.
- Learn how to create java threads and how to use java IO
- Learn the basics of Java sockets programming: creation and usage of sockets;
- Know how to develop Client/Server TCP and UDP applications
- Learn how to transfer data between server/client applications running on different machines on the network.
- Code applications like: Port Scanner, Browse the Internet, Web Scraping, Get network interface properties, Validate IP Addresses, Ping a remote host
- Develop more complex network applications: File Transfer Application, Small Web Server, Send Emails
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 Article
- 41 Supplemental Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Pass RAR : freetuts.download