Linux Security – The Complete Iptables Firewall Guide Free Tutorial Download
What you’ll learn
Acquire an In-Depth Understanding of Netfilter/Iptables Linux Firewall (Chains, Tables, Matches, Targets).
Acquire the Skills to build Advanced Iptables Firewalls. Hands-on experience with Iptables.
Learn to work efficiently with IPSET to drop large collections of IPs and Networks (like entire Countries)
Understand Iptables Best Practices for creating custom Firewalls.
Acquire the Skills to configure a Linux OS as a NAT Router.
Acquire the Skills to configure Port Forwarding on Linux Routers.
See practical examples for EACH Iptables Command, Match or Target.
Use Shell Scripts to automate tasks like blocking or permitting a service, an IP/Network or a MAC address.
Apply the Skills to secure Servers, Networks, Routers or Linux Desktop Operating Systems.
Hundreds of hands-on exercises with solutions and quizzes.
Local root access to a Linux distribution like Ubuntu or CentOS. No paid software required.
Linux Basics like commands, file permissions, text editors etc.
Basic knowledge of TCP/IP stack (how clients and servers typically communicate, TCP, UDP, ICMP, IP’s, ports, etc).
Very basic knowledge of other Networking concepts like NAT or Routing.
***Fully updated for 2020*** This Iptables course covers every major topic related to Netfilter and Iptables including Ipset, Advanced Matches and Targets, NAT, Fort Forwarding, User-Defined Chains and many more!
Welcome to the most complete and up-to-date course for learning and using Netfilter & Iptables Linux Firewall, taught by a DevOps Engineer and Professional Trainer.
Just starting out with Linux Security and Iptables? Perfect. This course starts out assuming you’re new to Netfilter, Iptables and Linux Firewalls.
Or maybe you’ve already tried to learn Iptables by yourself and now you want to put all the pieces together? Then, I’m here to help you! This course has everything you need to know about Netfilter and Iptables.
You’ll have life time access and you can return and look for a specific Iptables match, target or option anytime you want.
All presentations and Iptables examples used in this course are available for download.
The course contains many quizzes for you to take and test your knowledge.
There are many courses on Linux Security or Iptables. Why should you learn from me?
- I’m a Practitioner and an Enthusiast. Welcome to the real world! I have almost 20 years experience as a Linux Sysadmin, Security Engineer and Full Stack Developer. I use Linux on a daily basis.
- I’m an Educator and I know how to make a syllabus. For the last 10 years I’ve trained thousands of people on Linux, Networking, Security or Programming.
The topics covered in this course are:
- Iptables chains and tables
- Chains and tables traversal
- Anatomy of an iptables rule
- Filter large collections of IPs and Networks using Ipset
- Filter traffic by country
- Iptables matches (implicit & explicit).
- Filter Traffic by IP, Network, Port, Protocol, Interface, MAC, TCP Flags, Date and Time, Quota etc.
- Iptables targets: DROP, REJECT, ACCEPT, LOG, REDIRECT, TEE, SNAT, DNAT, MASQUERADE etc.
- Port Forwarding
- Automation using shell scripts
- How to use Iptables Best-Practices
Every topic includes many live examples.
After taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Have an In-Depth understanding about Netfilter/Iptables architecture.
- Understand Iptables chains and tables.
- Understand how a Firewall works.
- Create Iptables rules that filter incoming, outgoing or routed traffic based on any possible criteria including country the packet is coming from or destined to.
- LOG malicious traffic.
- Prevent DoS Attacks.
- Use Ipset to drop tens of thousands of Networks with no performance degradation.
- Optimize Iptables firewalls.
- Automate different firewall security tasks using shell scripts.
- Configure NAT and MASQUERADE.
- Configure Port Forwarding (DNAT).
- User efficiently Nmap and Netstat.
Who this course is for:
- Linux Sysadmins.
- Network Administrators.
- DevOps Engineers.
- Security Professionals.
Download Linux Security – The Complete Iptables Firewall Guide Free