Electrical Control & Protection Part 4 Free Tutorial Download
Electrical control & protection systems are a critical part of the distribution & transmission systems that feed power to our cities & industries.
The fourth part of this protection course focuses on the building blocks of a protection system and the feeder protection systems that we use on high voltage networks
The course will go into detail for the following key topics :-
- Introduce the general principles behind the different types of drawings we use and how we read them
- Show how we apply ferruling to the different circuits on the protection system
- Look at all of the different types of auxiliary relays that we use including trip relays, flag relays and interposing relays
- Look at test blocks and test plugs and show how we integrate them into different types of circuits.
- Introduce the principles behind interlocking, and develop the logic for some typical circuits
- Show how we apply electrical interlocking to the substation systems
- Introduce the ideas behind mechanical interlocking and provide some working examples of how it can be applied to a typical circuit.
- Look at the principles behind metering, what equipment we use and how we define the current transformers and voltage transformers
- Look in detail at power factor compensation and how we protect the capacitor banks that we use for these systems.
By the end of the course the student will be able to identify all of the key components of a protection & control system and understand how all of these components fit together to create a fully integrated system.
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Engineers
- Anyone interested in electrical design
Download Electrical Control & Protection Part 4 Free